Sunday 14 June 2009

Notes on a weekend

I sometimes get talked into thinking I miss out by not living in East London, where I work and where a lot of friends live. But for all it has in trendy hangouts and all night drinking holes, for me it will never compare to West London by day. I have lived west for 5 years now, and this weekend I visited my favourite places in the area. Goldbourne Road (not to be confused with Goldhawk Rd. near Hammersmith) down to Portobello Road and then up to Notting Hill provided a feast of market delights.

If you are visiting Portobello I urge you to make the walk up to Goldbourne Road where you will find a less busy but just as vibrant street crowded with food stalls, and can enjoy a grat view of the iconic Trellick Tower.

I also ventured down to the Westfield Centre today to discuss my new Macbook purchase and walked home via Holland Park where I bought a pair of new flipflops which have since destroyed my feet, and found the most gorgeous dog who'd flattened his body onto the path through the park and was oblivious to the meandering footsteps of the Londoners passing him.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails