Monday 1 June 2009

The Fabulous Olsen Girls

It is a quiet Monday night and I am feeling a little blue.  I walked the hour journey home this evening and the light over London was so beautiful. Amongst a jumble of a thousand and one thoughts, for some reason I kept thinking of this video that the Olsens had made for The Row (one of their two clothing brands) and I wanted to share it with you. 

The short film, which showcases some pieces from the collection, was filmed at Ashley's LA home. I love the simplicity of the bedroom and the walk through glass wall that opens onto the swimming pool and that sweeping view of the city. It is such a simple little film, the beautiful light, the shots which I can only describe (in a totally inaccurate use of the English language) as staccato and the clothes themselves all make for a beautiful 3 minutes.
Just another reminder that the Olsens are such a lot more than pretty little teen starlets.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails