Friday 8 January 2010

In at the deep end


This morning I did something completely and utterly insane. After 2 1/2 years in a job I have always felt unsatisfied in I finally resigned.

The reason this is quite so irresponsible is that every single morning the papers, radio, postman, bus driver and every other person in London reminds me that we are in a worldwide recession, people are losing their jobs all over the place and this is no time to talk yourself out of one.

I am aware of all these things, and feel hugely for those that have been made redundant from jobs they loved or needed. But I have scrimped and saved so that I can make this plunge and push myself to find a job I love. It will be scary and I will absolutely have moments of regretting what I've done but right now I feel brave and exhilarated and deliriously happy.

Wish me luck - I haven't got a bloody clue what the future holds!

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! Your destiny will reveal itself now that you've taken the plunge. At least, that's what happened to me when I did the same thing. So hang-in-there and take the moments of: "WTF have I DONE????" in your stride. They will pass.

    Holding thumbs for you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails