Friday 29 May 2009

Summer




Summer has arrived in London today, which of course means that tomorrow it will pour down with rain. But for now the sun is bright, the sky is blue and the weekend is just hours away.

As ever, Toast have delivered to my inbox a little slice of joy. This picture makes me long for my holiday (in T-6 weeks I shall be sunning myself in Rimini, Italy). It also takes me back to last year's jaunt to Sardinia where the water was cystal clear and the sand on the beach was a yellowy pink I had never seen before.
I sit now in a silent office with air conditioning, white walls, cheap faux wooden desks and strip lighting. On a day like today, I long to be anywhere but here. On a boat in the Mediterranean with my toe dipped in the sea seems as good an option as any.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails