Thursday 28 May 2009

A piece of me

Since the age of 5 right up until this very day there has been one hobby, habit, time-passing exercise (call it what you will) that has given me more pleasure than most.
It can take a few minutes or several days, and by the end of it you might not notice anything much has changed or you will be in awe of the catastrophic differences you see.
I remember when I was at school and I would spend whole weekends hidden behind my bedroom door getting on with my favourite task, that of re-arranging my bedroom.

Living in London and now having inhabited 4 shared flats, a bedroom is that little piece of solace that you can make your own. Often in rented flats there isn't a huge amount you can do to the decor and I fantasise to an unhealthy level about the little home I will one day have, and all the wonderful ways I will decorate it.

But, mainly to keep my scrap booking and the time I spend surfing interior blogs and websites in check, I have tried to keep focused on the bedroom. The oasis that you return to at the end of a long day or a big night, the space that is entirely yours and yours alone, the few metres square that show those lucky enough to be invited in a little bit of what you love. I believe a home, or in my case a room, can reveal so much about the person who inhabits it.

I will post pictures of my little London home later, but for now take a look at some other rooms that I love and which I can't wait to take take inspiration from when I have a home of my own.





I don't have credits for these pictures, as they have been saved in my "Room makeover" folder for so long. But I believe some came from TinyK and Loveology which are both fantastic sources of design inspiration. If you know who took them please let me know and I will credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails