Monday 23 March 2009

Oh, hello summer

Well, it was the most fantastically beautiful weekend in London and - thanks to the long awaited arrival of my very own portable hard drive - I was able to go photo crazy without crashing my little laptop. 

Following a few very lazy weekends, in the past 3 days I have managed to squeeze in 3 markets, 3 home cooked meals and 2 very long walks. A few pictures shared below. Particularly exciting for me was Church Street Market, off Edgware Road. I live locally but have never been, and it was great find - with fresh fish and meat, beautiful flowers and plenty of grocers and fruit stalls. Most thrilling of all though was Alfies antique market http://www.alfiesantiques.com/shops.php,
which sold not only amazing antiques but also housed an incredible vintage clothes shop, some amazing furniture sellers and a beautiful rooftop terrace which served great looking fry ups. 
 
Back to work today and I headed to Worthing for a presentation. Sometimes a couple of hours spent on the train can be therapeutic and much needed - and that was much the case today. I liked the look of this old seaside town - but hate to admit I only saw it as I whizzed to and from my meeting in a cab!

Not much else to report, back tomorrow with a recipe or two.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails