Saturday 22 August 2009

Electric love


While on holiday we would while away the late afternoon reading books, drinking ice cold beer and intermittently tuning in to MTV Italy on our hotel room telly.

They had this 1 minute insert called crispy news, a quick look at the celebrity news. The news was often out of date and it really did push the definition of "news" to its loosest interpretation. Examples include Zac Efron gelling his hair to the left today, Jennifer Lopez busy looking after her twins, and so it continued...
Nonetheless for a gossip fan such as myself I enjoyed these regular updates, however old.

There was only one that I have brought home with me, an old quote from Johnny Depp talking about how he fell for Vanessa Paradis. It is a beautiful quote, one that speaks of the sort of love at first sight that movies are made of. Which is perfectly fitting I suppose.

"We met briefly years ago. I remember thinking, "Ouch." It was just hello, but the contact was electric. That was in 1993. It wasn't until 1998, when I went to do the Polanski film The Ninth Gate and was in the lobby of the hotel, getting messages. I turned around and across the lobby saw this back. She had on a dress with an exposed back. I thought, "Wow." Suddenly the back turned and she looked at me. I walked right over, and there were those eyes again. I knew it was her. She asked, "Do you remember me?" I said, "Oh yeah." We had a drink, and it was over with at that point. I knew I was in big trouble. "

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails